Practice Group Members
Tracing its origins back over ninety years, Dale & Lessmann LLP is a full service business law firm based on Toronto, Ontario, Canada with extensive experience and bench strength in Canadian and cross-border mid-market mergers and acquisitions. The law firm is frequently retained in M&A transactions by domestic and international companies, as well as leading financial institutions, private equity funds and leading law firms in other jurisdictions. Our clients carry on business in almost every industry sector and include many household names and industry leaders, ranging from privately held to publicly-traded entities. Many of the law firm’s clients originate from outside of Canada, including Europe, the United States of America, Asia and Australia. We apply a special understanding of the needs of companies expanding to Canada that makes establishing new ventures efficient and cost effective (our hourly rates are substantially lower than those of national firms). We support our clients with their business ventures across Canada and abroad. Our industry knowledge and network help our clients move ahead confidently.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group is comprised of a multidisciplinary group of lawyers with extensive experience in all areas that are required to successfully close a transaction.The legal expertise of Dale & Lessmann LLP includes corporate and commercial law, franchise and distribution law, securities, employment law, real estate law, banking law, construction law, tax law, regulatory law, project financing, immigration law, infrastructure and energy law, intellectual property law, bankruptcy and insolvency law, wills and estates law, and litigation. Lawyers in our firm are fluent in English, French, German, Dutch, Polish and Chinese so as to cater to our cross-border practice.
Dale & Lessmann LLP brings a unique global perspective to the legal and business issues you face. For more information, please contact any member of our team.
Recent Representative Matters
Cross-Border Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acting for a division of Austria's voestalpine AG in relation to its multi-million dollar acquisition of the Canadian and Mexican manufacturing operations of Summo Corp., a state-of-the-art manufacturer of high-quality tubular steel components for the automotive industry.
- Acting for SMT Scharf AG, a Frankfurt stock exchange listed company, in relation to its multi-million dollar acquisition of RDH Mining Equipment Ltd., a Sudbury-based manufacturer of underground mining equipment.
- Acting for WEBER-Hydraulik GmbH of Germany in relation to the multi-million dollar sale of its Quebec and Alabama-based HYCO manufacturing facilities to Montanhydaulik GmbH.
- Acting for Hoermann KG Verkaufsgesellschaft of Germany, one the world's leading garage door manufacturers, in relation to the multi-million dollar acquisition of TNR Industrial Doors Inc., a Canadian commercial and industrial garage door manufacturer.
- Acting for a Swiss publicly-traded company on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in relation to multi-million dollar million reverse takeover of mining company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Acting for a Finnish information technology company in relation to the acquisition of a Canadian broadband solutions provider.
- Acting for an Austrian publicly traded video software game developer in relation to its multi-million dollar acquisition of a Canadian video game developer.
- Acting for a Austrian railroad company in relation to multi-million dollar acquisition of Canadian railway construction and maintenance company. Purchase price confidential.
- Acting for Canadian designer and manufacturer of corrugated displays for the retail industry in relation to multi-million dollar asset sale to US multinational.
- Acting for German trustee in bankruptcy in relation divesture of 65 MW ground-mounted solar project pipeline for $80 million.
- Acting for purchaser and borrower in relation to management buy-out and $45 million financing of major Canadian construction company.
- Acting for Hong Kong-based publicly traded company in relation to the USD $85 million acquisition of a Canadian LNG company.
- Acting for German purchaser in relation to the acquisition of Ontario manufacturing operations for $45 million.
- Acting for Embross of Australia in relation to the multi-million dollar acquisition of the Canadian aviation services division of IBM Canada Limited.
- Acted for TD Bank in $175 Million financing of Merrill Lynch Capital Partners acquisition of a division of Parmalat. Involved US buyer, and US subordinated debt.
- Acted for Bank of Nova Scotia and TD Bank in multi-million dollar acquisition of Installment Receipt Receivables from Semi-Tech (Global) Company. Involved security being provided by related companies in Hong Kong and the Cayman Islands (among others).
- Acted for major European automotive parts manufacturer in connection with €336 Million Term Facility and Revolving Credit Facility financing with Bayerische Hypo-und Vereinsbank AG.
- Acting for Potentia Solar Inc. in relation to multi-million dollar acquisition of a 44 MW rooftop solar portfolio of FIT Contracts in Ontario.
- Acting for German vendor in relation to the sale of 65 MW pipeline of ground-mounted solar photovoltaic projects contracted under version 1.0 of the Ontario Power Authority’s FIT Contract.
- Acting for a German financial institution in relation to due diligence and financing of 90 MW ground-mounted solar project pipeline.
- Acting for a German wind park developer in relation to the sale of its 30 MW and 25 MW wind farms in Ontario in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the Ontario Power Authority's FIT Program and development of more than 130 MW of large-scale wind projects.
- Acting for one of Germany's largest equity financiers in relation to the due diligence and acquisition of solar photovoltaic and wind project portfolios in Canada.
- Acting in relation to the due diligence, structuring, divesture and of more than 500 MW of renewable energy projects in Canada, including rooftop and ground-mounted solar projects, biogas projects, hydro projects and wind projects.