Practice Group Members
Whether your business is an emerging or established brand, Canadian or from abroad, Dale & Lessmann's Franchising, Licensing, Distribution & Supply Chain team can assist you with the growth, protection and development of your brand. Our lawyers lead and negotiate contracts covering the entire spectrum of the supply chain of consumer products, providing deal support relating to the production, distribution, sale and marketing of food, beverage, cannabis and consumer packaged goods.
We represent franchisors, franchisees, area developers, master franchisees, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and licensors with the expansion of franchise, distribution and licensing systems and networks across Canada in all business sectors. We offer our franchise and distribution clients a full range of legal support to help structure franchise, distribution and licensing programs including trademark protection, business transactions, retail leasing and litigation. Our services include:
- Drafting of franchise agreements, area developer agreements and master franchise agreements
- Preparation of franchise disclosure documents
- Coordinating the purchase or sale of a franchise system or individual franchise unit
- Dispute resolution, including litigation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Acting as special counsel to firms in connection with the purchase and sale of franchised businesses
- Negotiation of financing
- Preparation of distribution, manufacturing, supply and license agreements
- Trademark prosecution
- Advertising and marketing legal issues
- Structuring contest rules, gift card terms and related programs
- Real estate development, leasing and financing
Our department and our individual partners have been ranked as leaders in Canadian franchise law by Lexpert, Who’s Who Legal: Canada, Chambers Canada, The Best Lawyers in Canada and Franchise Times.