Practice Group Members
Dale & Lessmann LLP features a practice group focused on the representation of European companies and individuals with respect to their Canadian business interests. We have supported many well-known European companies with respect to the establishment and expansion of their businesses in Canada for more than 90 years. Many of the group's lawyers and support staff are fluent in German, Dutch, French, Spanish or Polish and work with clients in their own languages. We are leaders in the international business community as members, officers and directors of different industry chambers and associations.
We support our clients in relation to their business dealings across Canada and in the NAFTA marketplace. Many of our clients are headquartered in the Greater Toronto Area and maintain regional offices across the country in cities such as Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal. Our expertise includes the following:
- Corporate Legal Support for Canada: We offer a full range of corporate and commercial legal services, from incorporations to business structuring to cross-border and multi-jurisdictional reorganizations, from real estate to patent, trademark and licensing aspects.
- Canadian Taxation Advice: We are regularly called upon to provide tax advice in relation to the establishment of Canadian entities by non-resident companies or individuals, tax structuring of business acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations and restructurings and many other aspects of (international) tax law.
- Canadian Employment Advice: Dale & Lessmann LLP’s Employment Law Group has more than 30 years of experience advising clients on employment matters, including the preparation, review, negotiation and termination of employment agreements and independent contractor agreements as well as on occupational health and safety issues and human rights matters.
- Canadian Immigration Advice: Our Immigration Practice Group has significant experience in assisting clients on major projects, intra-company transfers, and in obtaining business visitor status, work permits, temporary resident visas and permanent resident status. In contrast to Canadian firms that specialize exclusively in immigration law, we provide our client's with a full understanding of our client’s business or the corporate, employment, regulatory (including professional licensing requirements), workers’ compensation and tax-related issues associated with transferring a foreign worker to Canada. Our record of excellence speaks for itself, as we have acted on behalf of many very large European companies in relation to the transfer of their employees to Canada and have never had a business immigration application denied by the Canadian immigration authorities.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Our Business Law Group provides sophisticated advice on mergers, acquisitions and other significant corporate transactions to clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries. We regularly act as advisors for domestic and foreign acquirers, vendors, target companies, investors and lenders in mid-market transactions, including conventional privately negotiated share and asset transactions, restructurings and amalgamations.