John G. Richardson
John Richardson is a member of Dale & Lessmann LLP’s Renewable Energy and Real Estate & Development practice groups. He has extensive experience in matters relating to municipal, planning, and environmental law.
John has experience in providing strategic approval application advice, assembling and managing consultant teams and delivering presentations to approval authorities at municipal and provincial levels. He has obtained approvals for official plan and zoning by-law amendments, site plan approvals and subdivision approvals as well as certificates of approval, permits, exemptions, designations and releases under the Environmental Assessment Act, the Environmental Protection Act and Combined Hearings Act.
John was granted an Honorary Diploma of Applied Arts & Technology by Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology in recognition of volunteer activities upon behalf of the college.
- Independent Trustee, Board of Trustees Toronto School of Theology, University of Toronto
- Member Museum Committee Royal Canadian Military Institute
- Past Member College of Electors for the Governing Council of the University of Toronto
- Past Member of the Board of Regents of Victoria University, in the University of Toronto and Past Chair of the Alumni Affairs and University Advancement Committee of the Board
Recent Presentations & Publications
- Environmental Protection Act ("EPA") - Regulation 521/10, December 20, 2010
- Has lectured to trade and professional groups, as well as practitioners, in respect of Environmental Assessment: Practice and Procedure, and on the Construction Lien Act.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1974
- admitted to the Ontario Bar (Law Society of Ontario) 1976
- Toronto Lawyers Association