Jenny is a partner in Dale & Lessmann LLP's Corporate & Commercial practice group, as well as the chair of the firm’s Estates, Trusts & Succession Planning practice group.
Jenny’s practice covers a diverse portfolio of businesses and individuals, with a particular focus on renewable energy, corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, trusts and estates and funeral and cremation law.
Jenny is highly skilled and agile in the finer points of deal structuring, mergers and acquisitions, secured lending and financing, across a broad spectrum of industries. She also handles corporate and commercial matters including shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements, corporate reorganizations, distribution agreements and construction contracts for both Canadian and foreign companies. She provides concentrated insights and context when drawing up agreements and is relied upon by her clients for her precision, pragmatism and best-in-class due diligence. Jenny also has extensive knowledge of estate planning, trust administration and tax succession that extends to estate freezes and cross-border planning.
Working with funeral directors and crematorium owners, Jenny has developed a niche practice in funeral and cremation law with extensive knowledge of the legal and business practices of this industry. Additionally, she provides regular guidance and advice to funeral associations.
- Acting as a co-counsel to numerous Canadian, US and equity financiers and developers of both small and large-scale renewable energy projects.
- Acting as co-counsel for wind developer in relation to construction and take-out financing of wind power generation facility under FIT Program.
- Acting as co-counsel for a cooperative corporation in relation to successful private placement and take-out financing of a rooftop solar portfolio comprised of 34 projects under FIT 2.1.
- Acting as co-counsel for one of the largest rooftop solar power producers in the purchase of Ontario’s largest rooftop solar portfolio comprised of over 33 MW of contract capacity.
- Acting for engineering, procurement and constructions companies to provide turnkey solutions for rooftop and ground mount solar projects.
- Acting in relation to the due diligence, structuring, financing, divestitures, acquisition, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of more than 2.5 GW of renewable energy projects in Canada, including rooftop and ground-mounted solar projects, biogas projects, hydro projects and wind projects under the Ontario Power Authority's FIT Program and MicroFIT Program.
Recent Presentations & Publications
- Probate Essentials – Pet Trusts, 2017
- Foreign Testamentary Documents – Probate Essentials, 2016
- The Advisors’ Resource, Re-published in Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation, 2016
- Probate Essentials – Insolvent Estates, 2015
- The Taxman Always Wins – Executors Fees, 2016
- Avoiding Cremation Liability, presentation for the Ontario Funeral Services Association - 2015
Related News & Updates
- J.D. University of Victoria, 2003
- B.B.A. Wilfred Laurier University, 2000
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association