- Studied law at the University of Ottawa, Ontario (Canada), Common Law Department .
- Bachelor of Science B.Sc. University of Ottawa (Economics), Telfer School of Management (Uppsala University, International Exchange).
Dean Psarras joined the team of Dale & Lessmann LLP in 2014 as a new partner. Previously, he worked for several years in a national law firm. He specializes in business combinations (both within Canada and cross-border) and the acquisition and sale of companies. Dean Psarras also supports several foreign and Canadian clients in expanding their business throughout Canada. In this context, he advises on mergers and resolution, immigration and labor issues, shareholder affairs (including partnership and reorganization), financing, partnership and joint venture agreements, corporate governance, regulatory affairs and ongoing commercial transactions such as the production, supply and distribution of goods, the provision of services and licensing. Dean Psarras also has particular experience in advising clients on production, retail, distribution, equity interests, insurance services, banking (eg payment card systems and loyalty programs), renewable energy, agriculture and food industries, and non-profit clients are active.
Mitgliedschaften in beruflichen Verbänden und Auszeichnungen
- Admission Ontario Bar (Law Society of Upper Canada), 2004
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Young Lawyers Division , Ontario Bar Association
- Gold Medal B. Sc. (Economics) (graduation as best of year)
- Fluent in Greek
- "Your First Acquisition of Business Shares", Ontario Bar Association (YLD) Seminar, Vice Chairman (2012)
- "Common Law", Canadian Institute: Key Business Agreements, Speaker and Contributor (2010)
- "Conducting a Successful Due Dilligence", Ontario Bar Association (YLD) Seminar, Deputy Chairman, Lecturer and Contributor (2009)
Examples of recent representative work
- Representation of a foreign multinational company in the acquisition of the manufacturer and distributor of doors and doors in Western countries as well as the Ontario-based manufacturer and distributor of automatic doors.
- Representing Granite Global Solutions, an insurance service provider, in the acquisition of a rehabilitation company, a life insurance company with general representation, a private investigative company and two insurance companies that adapt companies.
- Represented renewable energy supplier in the acquisition of 5MW solar energy project portfolio.
- Represented the Royal Bank of Canada on the acquisition of the customer credit card portfolio Shopper's Drug Mart from Bank of America and the credit card co-brand agreement with WestJet (WestJet-RBC Mastercard).
- Advising Bunge North America, Inc., a large agricultural and food company, on the establishment of a Canadian joint venture with the Malaysian state-owned company.
- Representing the US Material Handling Company in significant investments in sales and acquisition of material handling.
- Involved for private companies in private placement equity refinancing with more than 100 shareholders.
- Conducting more than 15 private placements on behalf of French companies acquiring capital through global employee shares.