Jeffrey Hoffman is a partner in Dale & Lessmann’s Litigation/Dispute Resolution Group. Jeffrey's practice includes all areas of commercial litigation with an emphasis on franchise and distribution law disputes, real estate disputes, employment disputes and matters involving allegations of professional negligence.
Jeffrey has over 28 years of experience in commercial litigation, including appearances before the Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
Jeffrey has been recognized in a number of legal publications for his work in franchise law, including Chambers Canada 2016, Who’s Who Legal: Canada and Lexpert (Most Frequently Recommended). He was named "Best Lawyers in Canada — 2014 Toronto Franchise Lawyer of the Year," and was once again selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2016.
He is the immediate past chair of the Ontario Bar Association Franchise Law Section and is a member of the Commercial List User's Committee of the Commercial Court, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario). He is a regular instructor at the Advocates' Society of Ontario. Jeffrey is a frequent author on litigation and franchise matters. He has presented to numerous conferences and seminars including those conducted by the Ontario Bar Association.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (Law Society of Upper Canada)
- Ontario Bar Association (Immediate Past Chair, Franchise Law Section)
- Listed as a Lexpert Leading Practitioner (Most Frequently Recommended) 2016
- Listed in Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Canada: 2016
- The International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers 2016
- The Advocates' Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association