- LL.B. The London School of Economics and Political Science, 2009
- B. Comm. (Hon.) Queen's University, 2006
Jordan is a partner in the Corporate Commercial Law Group at Dale & Lessmann LLP. Jordan regularly advises mid-market private companies acting as the first point of contact with respect to all of their legal needs. With a background in business and having commenced his career in-house, Jordan prides himself on his ability to apply legal principles in pursuit of the business goal. Jordan has considerable experience advising professionals in the context of regulated industries regularly working with veterinarians, pharmacists, architects, insurance brokers and funeral directors.
Although Jordan’s core-competency relates to the purchase and sale of a business, he frequently provides assistance with secured financing transactions, reorganizations, commercial contracts, shareholder issues and agreements, employment law and corporate governance. Frequently referred to as a guiding light, Jordan assists clients in navigating complex legal issues while applying a keep it simple approach.
With his cross-section of knowledge, Jordan’s capabilities have extended to advising not-for-profit organizations, particularly trade associations with respect to corporate governance and general legal matters. Clients regularly rely on Jordan as he has a clear-cut ability to identify issues early in the process and is known for providing practical, client-focused solutions.
When Jordan is not in the office, he spends as much time as possible outdoors with his growing family. During the rare escape, you will find Jordan on his road bike or partaking in some automotive related activity.
- Member, Canadian Society of Association Executives
Professional Affiliations and Distinctions
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (Law Society of Upper Canada), 2011.
- Member Canadian Bar Association
- Member CBA Charities and Not-for-Profit Law Section
- “The Importance of a Shareholder Agreement for A Private Corporation” Volume 23, No. 2, Business Beat, Ontario Bar Association Business Law Newsletter, May 2013.
- Regular contributor to trade publications (e.g. Ontario Broker Magazine).
- Regular educational speaker to the Insurance Broker Association of Ontario