LL.B., University of New Brunswick, 2011
B.A., University of Guelph, 2004
- Moscow State University (Russia), International Exchange, 2003
Jennifer is an Associate in the Estate Planning and Administration Practice Group and Real Estate Practice Group at Dale & Lessmann LLP. Jennifer’s practice focuses on personal tax and estate planning, estate administration, and real estate and property conveyancing.
Jennifer regularly advises individuals, families and owners of privately-held corporations on structuring their estate planning to best provide for their loved ones and minimize taxes. She has experience preparing wills, powers of attorney, and trusts (including family trusts and disability “Henson” trusts).
Jennifer also provides practical advice and assistance to attorneys for property and personal care, and executors and trustees in the administration of trusts and estates, including applications for Certificates of Appointment and the preparation and passing of estate accounts.
Jennifer acts on the purchase and sale of residential properties and provides comprehensive legal services to international clients in regards to property located in Ontario.
Professional Affiliations and Distinctions
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (Law Society of Upper Canada), 2012.
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Toronto Junior Trusts and Estates Practitioners’ Group (JTEP)
- Joseph W. Sears Scholarship (University of New Brunswick)
- ALPS Keener Award (University of New Brunswick)
- Interview on The Wolfgang Klein Show - HiFi Radio AM 640; June 3, 2017
- Changes to the Principal Residence Exemption Rules for Trusts, March 2017
- Proposed Updates to Parentage Laws Would Redefine Family in Ontario, October 2016
- Foreign Investors and Property Owners; What happens on death, September 2016
- Legislative Proposals On The Tax Rules For Trusts And Estates – A Step In The Right Direction, February 2016
- Changes To The Taxation Of Trusts And Estates – What You Need To Know, December 2015