- LL.B. University of Windsor
- B.A. (Hons.) University of Toronto
Jeffrey Hoffman is a partner in Dale & Lessmann’s Litigation/Dispute Resolution Group. Jeffrey's practice includes all areas of commercial litigation with an emphasis on franchise and distribution law disputes, real estate disputes, employment disputes and matters involving allegations of professional negligence.
Jeffrey has over 30 years of experience in commercial litigation, including appearances before the Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
Jeffrey has and continues to be recognized in a number of legal publications for his work in franchise law, including Chambers Canada, Who’s Who Legal: Canada, Best Lawyers and Lexpert (Most Frequently Recommended).
He is a past chair of the Ontario Bar Association Franchise Law Section and is a member of the Commercial List User's Committee of the Commercial Court, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario). He is a regular instructor at the Advocates' Society of Ontario on topics that have included discovery skills, cross-examination skills, preparing for trial and arguing injunctions.
Jeff is an avid cyclist. He is the co-captain of the SpiderTech-Zimmering Pacesetters, a team that has raised over $5.7 million for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in the Ride to Conquer Cancer..
Professional Affiliations and Distinctions
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (Law Society of Upper Canada)
- Ontario Bar Association (Immediate Past Chair, Franchise Law Section)
- Listed as a Lexpert Leading Practitioner (Most Frequently Recommended) 2016
- Listed in Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Canada: 2016
- The International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers 2016
- The Advocates' Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association