- Hons. B.A. with High Distinction, Trinity College, University of Toronto, (Chancellor's Silver Medal in Arts) (2003)
- M.St., Oxford University (2004)
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School (Laskin Moot Third Place Oralist) (2007)
- Called to the Ontario Bar (2008)
Geoff Janoscik is a partner in Dale & Lessmann’s Litigation/Dispute Resolution Group. He takes a practical and strategic approach to dispute resolution that is focused on achieving resolution quickly and efficiently where possible.
Geoff has experience litigating a wide variety of commercial matters, including shareholder disputes, contractual claims, product liability, real estate, and election law. He has acted for a diverse range of clients, including major international companies, insurers, small to medium-sized businesses, and individuals. Geoff acts as Preferred Counsel for the Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company.
Geoff has particular expertise in expropriation law. He frequently acts for businesses and individuals facing expropriation and works in concert with real estate and business loss valuation experts to secure appropriate compensation from governmental authorities. Geoff has acted for clients affected by the construction of the Hurontario LRT, the Highway 400 expansion, and the expansion of Britannia Road in Halton Region, among other projects. He is a member of the Ontario Expropriation Association.
Geoff frequently brings his strategic communication skills to bear on client matters developed through over 20 years of active involvement in the political process. He has adeptly handled several high profile client matters involving the intersection of law, media, and public relations and has been referenced in the Globe and Mail, the National Post, Toronto Star, CBC, and Global News in this regard. He served as counsel to the 2018 and 2014 Ontario Progressive Conservative central campaigns, and was the candidate for provincial parliament in the high-profile riding of Mississauga South in the 2011 Ontario election where he acquired extensive media experience pertaining to a high profile local issue and appeared as a guest in a provincially televised live debate on TVO’s The Agenda with Steve Paikin.
Geoff holds a Masters degree from Oxford University, a law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School, and an undergraduate degree from Trinity College at the University of Toronto. He has travelled extensively throughout India, China, Japan, Thailand, and Europe. He enjoys spending time with his young family and pursuing his newest passion as a minor hockey coach.
- Minor Hockey Coach, Lorne Park Clarkson Hockey Association
- Counsel to the 2018 and 2014 Ontario Progressive Conservative central campaigns
- Ontario Progressive Conservative candidate for provincial parliament, Mississauga South, 2011 Ontario Election
Professional Affiliations and Distinctions
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- City of Mississauga buying up homes for Central Park project – March 2018
- Developer-friendly Purchase Agreements a Risk for Prospective Homeowners, Says Lawyer – September 2017
- Cooksville Creek Homeowners Fighting Citys Attempt to Purchase Property – August 2017
- Property Expropriation Underway for Hurontario LRT – May 2017
- Law Firm to Host Meeting for Those Impacted by LRT Property Expropriation – May 2017
- Slapped Down: Early Assessments of New Tool for Defeating Defamation Cases Are In – April 2017
- Pith and Substance: Determining the Scope of Arbitration Clauses – June 2016
- Entire Agreement Clauses are Not Foolproof – September 2015
- Enforceability of Arbitration Clauses in Ontario – American Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Points, August 2016
- Supreme Court defers to restrictive covenants negotiated by commercial parties – International Law Office, November 2013
- Internet Usage May Lead to Dismissal – Legal Alert, August 2013
- The Right to Arbitrate: Only as Solid as the Language Used – Canadian Arbitration and Mediation Journal, November 2009